PDA

View Full Version : January 22 - Guide Report

Brandon Dunbar
01-22-2011, 12:14 PM
Friday night I took Shawn, his son Brandon and Brandon's friend Ryan from the Milwaukee area out for an evening of Walleye fishing. We were set up at 3 in the afternoon on a 4-foot flat with weeds. The tip ups started flying immediately as the 3 anglers iced a dozen Walleyes with Ryans 19"er being the big fish for the night. The flags were still going up at 8 when we left. Along with the excellent Walleye bite is the crappie bite. I have been fishing the deepest main lake basins with crappie minnows and soft plastics.

If you have any interest in catching nice Walleyes, Pike, or Panfish give us a call at 715.339.3625 or my personal cell at 715.820.1286. Ross's Sport Shop has guides on the water usually 4-5 days a week so we are always up to date on the current hot bite. We'll keep you on the fish!

teenfisher
01-22-2011, 04:50 PM
brandon, are you getting those walleyes on a flowage, clear and deep or shallow and stained lake? just curious on what kind of body of water this pattern works on during this time of year, thanks.

Brandon Dunbar
01-22-2011, 06:29 PM
This particular outing was on a shallow, stained lake. I also apply this same pattern to flowages/reservoirs. Every lake is different. Deep, clear lakes usually means fishing deeper weeds. Some people think that Walleyes don't bite that great all winter long. This isn't true. It's just a matter of finding active fish. You can't expect to catch walleyes in the same spot all year long. If you're having a tough time catching walleyes, try a differnt spot, depth, or lake. We're lucky enough to have a lot of great walleye lakes in the area with very limited pressure. Don't be afraid to explore.