PDA

View Full Version : Fishing report for 1-16-2011

walleyemaxx
01-17-2011, 09:39 AM
Hi everyone,

Well the fish just shut down for the day yesterday. With tip ups and jigging, I caught one small Walleye. Saw lots of fish on the Vex, but they would not touch my offering. Tried the usual- jigging Raps and spoons, tipped with waxxies or minnow heads, but nothing interested them. the tip ups had sucker minnows on them.

the weather was bright sunny sky and very cold. Not to much wind or it would have been almost to cold.

this is the same small lake that I've been fishing since we got ice. Saturday was a pretty good day, than Sunday zilch. I looked back on my log book and counted 23 Walleyes in 10 trips to the small lake so far this year and I only kept 3 for the table.

The pictures are of the trail into the lake. I take a trail through private property for about a mile. Just barely make it with the ATV now with the snow depth. Will probably be trying other lakes now in the area. been getting good reports from friends on some other lakes. Also time to do some trophy fishing on some lakes known to produce big Walleyes. Only problem is that can be slow fishing when you target bigger Walleyes, but just one fish makes the day.

Good luck to all going fishing.

Walleyemaxx

JerkyJosh
01-17-2011, 01:25 PM
Not much to report here for fishing this weekend. Went out Saturday morning for some northerns and nothing. Went to find some crappies in the afternoon and nothing. Sunday afternoon went to my regular spot and found that someone was fishing right where my house was the weekend before and on thursday night. Not a big deal that they fished there but that they were not there when i was there means that the fishing must not have been that great. Did manage to get two northerns out of that spot though. Two less eating the walleye i guess. Hopefully will get out once this week depending on weather. Ice depth was 15 inches in the one hole i checked.

walleyemaxx
01-18-2011, 09:57 AM
Thanks for the report JJ,

Sounds like a tough bite. I have to get on the Big Chip soon, but there is Still some more Walleye fishing I want to do.I plan on going to da U.P. this Saturday. Have to see how the weather turns out. The lake we're going to gets shut right down by lake affect snow, so we have to watch the weather. The possibility of trophys make the trip worth it.

When I can make a trip to the Flowage, we'll have to meet up and do some serious ice fishing. Only time I ice fished the Big Chip was when I was a kid. We fished walleyes the last week of Nov. when we were deer hunting. Now I'd like to do some jigging for perch and blugills. Keep the reports coming, I really enjoy them.

Walleyemaxx