PDA

View Full Version : Chi-Town Bound

Pete Stoltman
01-11-2011, 01:04 AM
All that's left is to pack up the two trailers and hit the road for the Windy City. Looking forward to seeing lots of folks at the show at Harper College. Don't forget to stop by and enter the contest to win a free guide date and other fabulous prizes. Spent most of the day filling up displays of hooks and other terminal tackle. Lures, rods, reels, etc. are already done. After the show spending a couple days with my son Chris and visiting some friends and relatives around town. Can ya tell I'm excited?

Jay Jay
01-11-2011, 10:04 AM
Pete, I don't know when you are planning on leaving but you guy's drive carefull. It's snowing here right now. We got about 2 - 4 inches so far today. I think it's supposed to snow on and off until Friday.
JJ

Mark Benson
01-11-2011, 01:47 PM
Pete, Matt & Mat:

Have fun at the show!!! Hope the archive is up before you hit da road!!! Finally had the shakedown cruise on the ice fishing last Sunday. Water temps were 31.9*- 39* and the three perch (2 6"-7" & another that was smaller) that came to play weren't very big. I did find out however that my ice fishing jigs were in the frozen bow of my boat and so another RFRG moment was born, though it didn't hurt the pocket book only da pride. Vex Battery needed change as we were only able to make 3 hours before she started to fade. Another 12V to try and may still have to purchase another one to make the Vex hum!!! Last but not least, I need to get a few reels off the seats of the summer rods and onto the winter rods, but that not too terrible a job. Ice conditions = 12" very solid ice, 8" clear and top 4" whitish but solid. Drove the truck on Carroll and the vex battery expiring got me home for the Packer game at a decent time!!! Again have fun at the show!!!

Mark