PDA

View Full Version : fishing report 1-08-10

walleyemaxx
01-08-2011, 11:21 PM
Hi everyone,

Got out for 3 hours tonight. Fish were not real active, saw a few on the vex and got two small walleyes on top of the ice and lost a nicer one at the hole. I didn't grab the transducer in time and I watched the Walleye wrap himself up in the transducer cord and go bye bye. At least I saw him. Also caught a small perch. Caught every thing on a jigging Rap tipped with a minnow head. Nothing else got bit and nothing touched the tipups that were baited with sucker minnows. Had a strong north wind with cold temps, but I stayed toasty in my portable shack with the catalytic heater. Be out again tommorow. Ice is super. 12" thick with 2"s of snow. Mobility is very good.

Walleyemaxx

ALVW
01-08-2011, 11:37 PM
Sounds about the same as it was here in NW Indiana today. Fished from noon until 5pm. bite was slow. Fished a 5 foot weed edge. Only thing they would hit was a jigging ShadRap tipped with a minnow head. Nothing on tipup or deadhead jig and minnow. Caught 2 walleye (13.5 and 15") and 3 crappies. Had several other very light hits and lost one walleye at the hole.

Al

walleyemaxx
01-09-2011, 09:53 AM
Thanks for your report Al.

I figure you must be a Colts fan heh? To bad they lost to the Jets. I'll be fishing tonight instead of watching the Paclers. I certainly do not want to watch them loose to the dog murderer.

Walleyemaxx

ALVW
01-09-2011, 08:06 PM
No, actually I am more of a Bears fan since we live only about 40 mile from Chicago. Sorry, but Colts rank second with me and the Packers are the enemy. I did watch tha Packers the last 2 weeks and must say they are looking good.

Good luck fishing
Al