PDA

View Full Version : Moon Phases ?????

walleyeshark
01-07-2011, 10:32 AM
My buddy and I are heading up the 19th for our annual trip to LBDN. Well, it turns out that the 19th is a full moon!!! I would love to hear all of your opinion's on what the full moon does to the bite? Over the years, its seems that it's about half n half as far as the fish biting during a full moon phase. We can't change our trip dates so we'll be there no matter what but still curious as to some of the "local's" thought's on this??? TY and we'll see ya in a couple of weeks....

Shark

walleyemick
01-07-2011, 10:48 AM
we were up that weekend last year and did pretty good but we caught only a few fish in the morning and evenings, most of our fish came between 9pm and 1am at night. We would come in for dinner than head back out for a few hours and were getting fish, no limits but a few fish per man and some big fish.

tipup_time
01-07-2011, 12:14 PM
the full moon is the best time to catch walleys...specially at night. i lived on a 6000 acre walleye factory in northern mn for three years and i fished every night during the winter.. i can attest that the full moon period (usually 4 days) would always and i repeat (ALWAYS) make the fish active... if i plan a trip i try to make it on the full moon.