PDA

View Full Version : Whats the word on ice

SteveWalleye
12-26-2010, 10:08 PM
We're coming down from Marquette middle of the week and normally head out before dawn. We would like to head out south of Glad stone, but I'm assuming it is still a little iffy. How is it off Kippling are we going to have trouble with the pressure crack?

Thanks in advance for any help. I've got a new underwater camera and can't wait to get down there and tri it out, and maybe even get an eye or 2...

Steve

The Bait Shop Guy
12-26-2010, 11:19 PM
The old ice extended south to the Gladstone harbor. Everything south of the Harbor just froze a week ago, then we got a few inches of snow on top of it. So far, that ice is still a "no-go."

Sounds like the pressure crack heads north from Butler's Island, but there are several places to cross it. I haven't heard of any major problems going out from the yellow gate access to the north. Depending on where you want to fish, that may be the better way to go.

Water in the upper bay is much more stained this year. Unless it's really sunny out, you may have a hard time seeing much of anything with your new camera. Once we have good ice south of Gladstone, it'll be a whole other story. They are a lot of fun under the right conditions.