PDA

View Full Version : 12-22 a.m. report

allegiance
12-22-2010, 12:34 PM
Fished this morning off hunters point. pretty slow, managed 3 keeper walleye and 12 perch between 3 guys. Missed a few and had a few throw backs. Walked across from the point by the water plant in gladstone. Ice was good. On a side note when we left in the morning, my fishing partner took my buddy heater out of the truck, and instead of putting it in one of the portables he left it sitting on the ground. Of course when we got back it was gone. So if whoever "found" my mr. buddy heater reads this, i would love it back. Hell I'll even throw you a $20 for keeping it safe and let u keep the full 1lb tank. Thanks ,
Josh 906 420 2582

The Bait Shop Guy
12-22-2010, 06:48 PM
Sounds like you guys were pretty lucky. I'm not talking about the fishing, but the fact you didn't go for a swim! If I'm reading you right, it sounds like you walked across from the tip of Saunder's Point. That is the single most dangerous spot on this entire bay! With all the current working north and south through the narrows, it's usually open water right there. For some reason, early in the season, it's not unusual for it to be skimmed over with ice. Sooner or later it will open up. I'd recommend going several hundred yards north or south of the point before heading east across the bay. Or better yet, drive around the upper bay and get on at the Hunter's Point access.

Better safe than sorry.

allegiance
12-22-2010, 07:49 PM
We did head quite aways south, and then jumped on fourwheeler tracks that we watched zip back and fourth on sunday.

ski2313
12-22-2010, 10:43 PM
Chris, how's the ice thickness and travel conditions on lower bay, terrace area? Got any suckers in stock at the shop?

Thanks

-ski

The Bait Shop Guy
12-22-2010, 11:19 PM
ski2313, please check the "Current ice conditions" post.

So far, so good on the suckers. We did run out last weekend, but we didn't expect it to be too busy, and didn't order that many. We're loading up good for this weekend. We'll be closed on Christmas, but back at it Sunday.