PDA

View Full Version : Fishing report for 12-19-2010

walleyemaxx
12-20-2010, 10:38 AM
Hi everyone,

I fished the same lake as I did on Saturday, but in a different spot. The slush was worse and the fishing was very slow. I didn't mark as many fish on the Vex and the ones I did were not active. They would just sit and watch my jig for awhile, than swim away. Had one flag, but that was dropped after a short run. Had sucker minnows on the tipups and jigged with Raps and spoons tipped with Waxxies.

The ice was 2" thicker in this spot, but still only about 7". That was close to shore. Out deeper it still isn't making ice. We need prolonged 30 below zero weather to firm up this slush. Instead they are calling for 5" of snow tonight.

In a couple of days I'll be fishing some other lakes in the area to see how the ice/slush conditions are. Not to many people out fishing with these conditions. I didn't see anybody yesterday aand that particular lake is real popular. I talked to a lot of people at the bait shop who are saying that conditions are pretty much the same all over. I'll have to go and see for myself.

Since I don't have any fish pictures from Sunday, I took pictures of the slush that I almost didn;t make it thru.

Good luck to all who go out fishing and bring a shovel.

Walleyemaxx