PDA

View Full Version : Buddy heater cooking grill

tomjohn
12-19-2010, 08:47 PM
I have been pondering how to make something to cook and heat things up on my Buddy heater. What I came up with is a bird suit feeder. The one's that you put suir cakes in. I took the lid off...sniped the side ends off and bent it 180 degrees the other way. bend the single ends so they go through the vents on top of the heater. PRESTO See the attached pics.

tomjohn

jerkbait
12-19-2010, 10:06 PM
Brilliant! Yooper engineering at its best!

Walleye Slayer
12-20-2010, 09:32 AM
I made somthing way better then that cant show it cus iam getting a patent on mine you can make coffee and fri fish or cook a can of hash....and want to sell them to all you guys..i am thinking like 30 bucks.. Give me a call 906-420-8322 a&a drain cleaning. Ask for arnie harris

BiG ARN
12-20-2010, 10:17 AM
I've seen a paint roller mesh rack bent and one end clicks on the grill and the end wraps around the handle...looked pretty slick I think ill have to make one. Im sure a mesh paint roller thing is only a couple bucks!

hardwaterwalleye
12-20-2010, 10:28 AM
I did this a few years back with a basket for cooking hotdogs and burgers over a fire. I only used half of it and made the other half for my friends buddy heater. Works great for a coffee pot or just about anything

tomjohn
12-20-2010, 01:31 PM
I did an upgrade to my buddy grill. Will post pics when I take them.

tomjohn

Capt. Chris
12-20-2010, 07:42 PM
This year in the deer blind, I used a long handled spatula with a lip bent in the end. I could tilt my sandwich to face the sunflower without it sliding off. Toasted beef sammy's with horseradish cheddar on a toasted bun!! Sure made the day go by fast. will be same/same for the ice, except I also bring out my coleman 2 burner stove if I need it. Got 1 that runs on both white gas and 1 for the 1 lb lp cylinder.