PDA

View Full Version : December tip of the month

walleyemaxx
12-01-2010, 02:36 PM
Hi everyone,

Just to lt you know that I have posted my December tip of the month. Click on www.walleyemaxx.com. Than click on the tip of the month tab on the left This month's tip deals with ice fishing the beautifull Chippewa Flowage.

Anyone fishing this weekend, no matter where you are fishing, share your fishing stories with us.

Be safe out there and good luck.

Walleyemaxx

walleyemaxx
12-09-2010, 11:15 AM
Hi everyone,

I would just like to add to my December tip of the month. Even tho you can't fish for Walleyes on the Big Chip, a good plan would be to fish for Panfish and Northerns and Bass on the Big chip, than by early afternoon head to a nearby lake to set up for the evening Walleye bite.

The smaller shallower lakes would be the best right now. They have better ice and will not be as good later when the ice thickens. Find the weed edges and set up your 2 tippups with larger minnows and jig a third hole. Which ever lake you choose, be aware of the regulations specific to that lake. Good luck and be safe.

Walleyemaxx

walleyemaxx
12-13-2010, 09:38 AM
Hi everyone,

Just thought I'd add an update to ice conditions. The ice was forming nicely untill now. We just got a blast of snow that will insulate the ice. It is getting cold, but the formation of ice will still be slowed down a lot. Also the weight of all that snow will be pushing water up thru the cracks and what not. That means the dreaded slush. We need extended below zero weather to firm every thing up.

I added a picture. Snow on my deck. that snow was just from one night and it is still snowing.
Good luck and Be carefull out on the ice.

Walleyemaxx

walleyemaxx
12-21-2010, 12:08 PM
Hi everyone,

Just thought I'd add that now that they are lowering the level of the Big Chip 6 feet, any weed bed that was higher than that will be above water. You won't be able to tell that if it is covered with snow. Just remember that so you don't drill into dirt or rocks and ruin your auger. Ive seen that done.

Walleyemaxx