PDA

View Full Version : Lil' Bay De Noc eyeballs

The fishing pawn
11-30-2010, 10:53 AM
I decided to gear up and head out to LBDN last Sunday (11-27) and it turned out to be a very productive day. I got an early start and had planer boards and dipsies in the water by 6:30 and fished hard until around 3 p.m. Ended up catching 7 walleye between 24-29 inches, with one nice hog that was 33" and weighed 12.2 lbs. What an awesome day. All fish were released. Also hooked into 3 nice smallies and a 38" pike. Talk about a sweet day. Not too many left with the ice coming, then the search for "the spot" will begin. Most of the fish were taken around the middle reef in 15-25 feet of water. I had to make adjustments from time to time on the planers and lure selecion. Most of the walleye were caught on random color and size reef runners and rapalas. The pike was taken on a "believer" muskie lure. Most of the work is getting the lure down to the fish where they are feeding and active. I can say this was a little above average day of wallaye fishing on the bay, compared to catching 15-20 walleye between 17-21 inches like most trips when I go out. This one provided less walleye, but better quality. Seems to come with the fall months rolling into winter, where through the ice a few nice ones can be expected with numerous eater size walleye. I enjoy the catch more than anything else, gotta save some for seed. Good luck to all!