PDA

View Full Version : T.F.F. Update

ski2313
11-06-2010, 10:44 PM
I figure, since Don's not posting, I might as well post a report..

After a cold, unproductive (read = skunk) day/night on lake Tomahawk friday I decided to cut my losses for the weekend and do a quick trip to the Turtle Flambeau.. Glad I did. I took a tour to check out the wind damage since I haven't been up here yet since the storm.. all I can say is I'm amazed that nobody died in that storm. The damage to some of the campsites is incredible.

After the storm tour and a quick visit to Tom's I started fishing a deep rocky area mixed with cabbage and wood, and very much to my surprise I caught a quick limit of nice walleyes (17, 19, 22") and a few big crappies as well, all from one spot. I was just vertical jigging 4"redtails. Nice, aggressive hits. 23 feet deep. Surface temps in the low 40's. A little windy, but nice day to be out. No smallies this time. Looks like I'll have to wait until May for that.

I did not use Reeve's weedless jigs. But I thought about it!

Hope all is well, Don.

Tight lines.

-ski

Hot Runr Guy
11-07-2010, 11:58 AM
I did not use Reeve's weedless jigs. But I thought about it!

-ski

Hahahahahaha! ski, thanks for the report. Nothing like closing out the soft-water season on a positive note.

HRG

Paul Rothenberger
11-23-2010, 05:28 PM
Like the comment about reeves jigs. Cracked me up that that was the bait that always worked the best.

I have not seen flowage since the storm either, and we will be camping!

Paul