PDA

View Full Version : Fishing this Weekend

Pete Stoltman
11-05-2010, 09:44 AM
Looks like things could be on the chilly side but not bad. My plan is to head out for a rowing session or two in the Allison Jean. Not sure where I'll be going yet but leaning towards either Plum or West Bay of Little St. Germain. Want to try a couple of Smuttly Dog trolling cranks I got from Mark Smith. Absolutely great looking baits and knowing Mark's high standards I'm betting they have fantastic action.

How bout you? Fishing the northwoods, Green Bay, elsewhere, or is this the weekend to sight in your rifle?
Will report how things go on the water.

Mark Benson
11-05-2010, 12:29 PM
Pete:

Have plenty of the final get 'er done before winter sets in stuff to do, but am hoping to get dogs their grouse hunting and me my musky fishing over the course of the next five days of beauty weather.

Mark

Pete Stoltman
11-05-2010, 11:45 PM
Attaboy Mark. Let us know how you do. I've got music stuff coming out of my ears with rehearsals with Big Road, Jazz Deluxe, and Brett & Frisk for upcoming gigs not to mention other life necessities but will be hitting the water as much as I can between now and freeze-up. The big ones are starting to make themselves known. Several good reports of big fish in the last few days. Now's the time if it's going to happen.

Pete Stoltman
11-08-2010, 12:34 AM
Well, I managed to get out on both Saturday and Sunday so split up the lake choices. Saturday was Plum and Sunday on Little St. Germain. No fish caught but absolutely great days to be on the water. Saw very few other fishermen in fact only one other boat crossed my path on Plum Saturday. The Smuttly Dogs worked just how I hoped they would and although they didn't produce a fish just yet I have confidence that they WILL get eaten. I don't do a whole lot of bait changing when rowing. My current favorites in the lineup are Slammer 7" divers, Grandmas/Jakes, and Depthraiders along with the Smuttly Dog trollers. With the right bait on the whole hull of my boat "sings" as you can feel the vibration right through the wood. Here's a shot of what it looked like on West Bay of Little St. Germain today.