PDA

View Full Version : Safety First

jerkbait
11-04-2010, 11:30 PM
Hey guys just wanted to give a few people out there a big middle finger. Pulled up on center reef on sat. morn and set up a six line spread. Trolled for about 15 mins when a line went off. Nice catch too. After I managed to turn the boat around without tangling anything I reeled up a crankbait that hooked a heavy string about 20' long with a soup can filled with quick crete. Got that all straitened out and kept on truckin to find 3 diff. boats parked on the east side of the reef with no lights on. The only thing that gave em away was the light on their graph. Man these guys are pretty smart. Didnt someone get run over up there last fall cus the guy didnt have a stern light on. Use yer head out there and turn yer lights on pretty sure the fish dont care if yer lights are on if they do then too damn bad a fish isnt worth a wrecked boat and maybe some dead fishermen.

Jerkbait

jigginfins
11-05-2010, 09:40 AM
I will second the middle finger. I have seen the same thing before. People need to check out there equiptment before heading out, especially at night.

DooFighter
11-06-2010, 12:14 PM
Its not an equipment problem, unless you consider common sense as equipment. There are a ton of "stealth fighters" on the bay. I avoid night fishing up there because of it. Only they could tell you why they do it, but I will speculate that they don't want company. It is totally asinine behavior.

Fishoil
11-06-2010, 05:44 PM
I'll third the middle finger. I witnessed that crash last year and got to the boat that got hit quicker than the guy that hit him. If these people don't care about their lives maybe they should think about the lives of the people in the boat that might hit them.:mad::mad: