View Full Version : Special Thanks

St Clair Hound
11-02-2010, 06:21 PM
On Saturday October 30/10 we were fishing the carouselle at the Thames River when a life threatening emergency occurred on another vessel. A passenger was thrown from the vessel due to operator stupidity. We moved over to assist and got forced over onto a sandbar by the vessel we went to assist. Then they screwed off leaving us there. I want to thank Mark Pauling and John Dennis who risked their craft and their own safety and towed us off the bar. Very much appreciated. No damage done. However the next stupid one, I will watch drown first.
I also want to thank the others who stood by to assist if needed and the others who avoided the area while I was towed off the bar.
Thanks again!

Roughneck
11-04-2010, 09:16 AM
Glad we could help you out Bruce. We saw the guy in the water, but missed the part where he was thrown out. I wish we could have seen that part, I bet that was neat to watch, even tho it could have had a serious outcome.
That sandbar was very treacherous with the strong west blowing into it. We had both motors floored just to get you moving. Also glad you didn't damage you motor trying to get out.
Hope you catch a big one this fall.
Mark