PDA

View Full Version : Weekend muskie fishing

The Frog caster
11-01-2010, 07:24 PM
Fished this weekend (Oct.-29th and 30th) using my trusted Suick, Magnum-Dawg, and Top water Loon. Tried both shallow and deeper strategies. Went out Friday evening for a few hours..........nothing. Saturday morning was cold with a little chop on the water......... nothing. Saturday evening I did have a hit with the walleye colored magnum dawg. I may have tried to set the hooks a bit early, as whatever it was got off in 4-5 seconds. Casting that big rubber sucker is a chore, when it hits the water it sounds like a hunk of granite lofted from a Roman catapult !!! ........ So I wound up with a sinus head ache and cold feet. Live suckers (as you all know) are hard to get these days. I really don't like the live bait thing, as it doesn't matter to me personaly. Besides who wants to row around all day doing that !!! It reminds me of fishing with a cane pole for sunfish, only a larger scale. Anyway, I hope someone out there had better luck than I did !!!!! ...... I did manage to get all the leaves raked up, and clean up all the debris that washed up on shore during that huge 3 day wind storm we endured recently.
Regards, The Frog caster