PDA

View Full Version : Lot of good reports

The Bait Shop Guy
11-01-2010, 07:23 PM
Sounds like the fishing this weekend has been pretty darn good. The storm last week really dirtied the water and turned all the fish on, (perch, walleyes, and bass.) We've had several reports of limit catches of walleyes. Best of all, it sounds like the day bite has been almost as good as the night bite. Shallow running cranks on lead-core and snap weights have been producing, as well as the usual deep divers. Guys have been casting cranks in the shallows, too.

Took my dad out Lindy Rigging redtails for bass down around Escanaba Sunday afternoon. We only had one fish in the first couple hours of fishing. We finally found a few in the last 20 minutes of light. After going so long with little action, doubled up on 15 and 19 inchers. Ended the evening with a heck of a sunset. Despite our best efforts, we weren't able to convince just one more fish into biting to make the best of it, so you'll just have to settle for our ugly mugs.

The Bait Shop Guy
11-01-2010, 07:30 PM
Got out by myself this afternoon. Not great for numbers, but I did manage to land a fat 19 1/2 inch smallmouth and two small pike. Broke off or lost a few more fish. Water temps around Escanaba are still hovering at 50 degrees.

I launched out of the Escanaba River today for the first time in a month. There was log sticking out of the water just a few feet out from the middle slip. Seemed to be in there pretty solid. Just a "heads up" if anyone tries launching out of there after dark.