PDA

View Full Version : 8 point

GullyWhoMper
10-30-2010, 11:10 AM
Sitting in my tree stand last nothing happening around me. A few bluejays and a red squirrel or two fumble through the corn and out of no where a big crash is heard throughout the whole woods. I think nothing of it and picture a buck chasing a doe in my mind. Well no such luck happened and I come down out of the tree and drive to go pick my dad and uncle up. As I come around the corner to our meeting spot I notice my Uncle standing there with a grin on his face. I pull up and he says he's stuck an 8 point. So we wait for my dad and head into the woods pitch dark to go look for sign. We start looking and find little droplets of blood here and there, and then a tree covered in it where he had stumbled. On our hands and knees we look for drops of blood, my dad shines his light ahead of us and there lies my uncle's buck... Great time in the woods is always fun with family. He's not a monster but my uncle was plenty proud of em'.

DooFighter
10-30-2010, 11:20 AM
Sooo, was the crash the deer going down? Or too far away?

GullyWhoMper
10-30-2010, 11:32 AM
Yes the crash was his deer going down. We sit about 400 yards away but the buck ran my way and fell. I never saw it but could definitely hear him go down.