PDA

View Full Version : Last two outings...

Muskeyez
10-26-2010, 12:05 AM
Hit the water Saturday (temps about 49-51) and had a 45+ hog stalk my 10" sucker for about 10 minutes, but she wouldn't take it. Hit the water monday, right before the high winds picked up and had a beautiful tiger (about 35") come off a wind-blown point like a rocket and turn off at the last second. This happened twice within about 5 casts.

A little while later a very large (maybe the same one from saturday) one came shooting out of 9 feet of water after my tandem musky killer, only to also go deep at the last second.

Other than the long stalk-and-tease saturday, they have shown no interest in the sucker hanging under my boat. However, their aggression has picked-up as they have been following my bucktails (musky killers, H210's, etc.) much more quickly and frequently and it is only a matter of time before I seal the deal! Good luck to everyone and I hope to post some pics soon.

Joe

Pete Stoltman
10-26-2010, 08:25 AM
Thanks for the report Joe. Similar results on my end of things. You bring up a good point for everyone. Don't abandon bucktails just because it's "late season". Muskies will react to them right till the bitter end.