PDA

View Full Version : October Muskie Report

Red Team Leader
10-25-2010, 03:50 PM
Hey Dave,

Just returned from a week at Witch Bay and the Muskie fishing was good and the weather was even better.

This makes two Octobers in a row that the weather was unreal, almost too nice.

Water temp’s started at 54 and dropped to 50 by weeks end, wind was a factor most of the week with 20 gusting to 40 a couple of days but we had no rain and only a brief morning snow shower to go along with a couple of morning hard frosts.

Funny thing is that I was up in the third week of September and the water temp was 54 the day I left and a month latter it’s 54 the day I arrive, very strange.

Trolling was the program with no fish found top side casting, it was same thing we found in September only this time I knew trolling was going to be the game from the start.

October trip Muskie - 45,38,47,45,38,43,45,43 in order.

September trip Muskie – 48,36,38,41,43,41,40 in order

Northern were a bit different on both trips, I was surprised that more large fish were not caught by us but we did manage nine over 32 with no plus 40’s fish.

Walleye fishing was solid but not amazing like three years ago, with fish stacked in the 18 to 24 range along with Smallmouth to 18.

I love October on Lake of the Wood’s; it is so quiet you literally have the water and Witch Bay Camp to yourself, and that is something very special indeed.

I will say once again, one must take a trip to Witch Bay in October, no you won’t have Cabin Staff show up at your door with coffee at 6 am,,, but Hank may show up at your door for dinner,

And it does not get any better than that in my book.

A few photo’s below,

Tight lines folks,

RTL

Dave B
10-26-2010, 08:18 AM
Awesome fish Kevin. Sounds like Heaven. Watch what you say, you just might have company one of these Octobers.