PDA

View Full Version : Weekend report

Ty Sennett
10-18-2010, 06:42 AM
Sorry I didn't get on here earlier to post the last few days. We fished hard the last couple days and came up with a few fish. We boated six fish and lost a couple others. The largest was a 47 1/2 incher and the smallest was a 36 incher. I'd say the highlight of the last few days was that Aaron actually owned up to his bet and wore a dress all day long on Saturday. Made for some uncomfortable moments but overall he pulled it off nicely. He did get baits caught in it and his reel handle also a few times. He looked somewhat Marrylyn Monroeish when the wind picked up and his dress flew up. The best was when we were filling the boat with gas and some guy turned and said "is that guy wearing a *&^*$ing dress?" Awesome! I guess next year Aaron better think it out before making bets, although it's more fun when he doesn't.

Good times.

Water temps were in the mid fifties.

walleyemaxx
10-18-2010, 09:22 AM
Pictures Ty pictures?

Walleyemaxx

pikldik
10-18-2010, 02:57 PM
Wait a minute he pulled it off!!!!! That must have been interesting

JohnN
10-18-2010, 03:03 PM
Hey, Ty. Are you ready for Sr. and Jr. this weekend? Sounds like Russ and his brother in law are going to join, too. I'll be fishing with my dad and brother over the weekend but I'm sure I'll be able to join in some of the festivities along the way. Plus, I'm thinking of staying through Wednesday.

I lost three big fish last weekend on the clip and go rigs. I landed a 35" pike, which was dven more depressing. The rig worked perfectly (came off the suckers) in two of the three cases, and in the third case one of the hooks tore into the sucker. I figure Bruce and Fuzzy know what they are doing, but those puny eagle claw hooks freak me out. I might run one rig with 7/0 trebles this weekend just to see how the other extreme works. What hooks are you using on the clip and go rigs?

See you this weekend!! Look at your calendar before then so we can pin down a date for river fishing...

-Nesse

Brad L.
10-18-2010, 09:15 PM
Thanks for a great trip as always. We managed to get a 40" on Sunday morning. It went around 4 times on a figure 8 before it commited. Definitely need to get the pictures of Aaron in the dress.

Let me know when you get a 9' H rod. I am planning on going to the Chicago show, so if it works I can get it then.

Ty Sennett
10-19-2010, 11:57 AM
Nesse, I'll give you a call.

Brad, congrats on the 40 incher and I'll make sure to get some pictures up soon.