PDA

View Full Version : Fished the TFF 5 days and caught 3 fish!

Brian P
10-17-2010, 07:55 PM
We had six guys up fishing and pretty much got skunked. I heard the fishing was poor. Can someone enlighten me as to why the fishing was so bad this last week? Was marking them all over the place but couldn't get a bite. I did hear of a couple of fishermen who caught so many they were giving them away. I hit the main basin, Baraboo, Mud, Lake Ten, the dam, and the river channel.

Mark Benson
10-18-2010, 09:59 AM
Brian:

800.847.9367 is the WI Tip Hotline and if you can get cell reception, please call it and have them investigated!!!

Lots of reasons for not catching fish right now..., High water, warmer than normal water temps, patterning fish on the locater rather than patterning biting fish on the locater. Not fishing the wind or being able to fish the wind.

I was up in the area this weekend chasing grouse and woodcock and talked with a friend who was duck hunting and he said there were plenty of people fishing. He couldn't tell if anyone was catching.

Mark

St Croix Kid
10-18-2010, 11:47 AM
we fished the same areas on 10/8 and 10/9. without the help of a good friend of mine I am sure we would have done the same. we didn't slay them but we had enough for a great fish fry and a couple of guys brought fillets home. it was 80 degrees both days we were up.

George
10-18-2010, 03:41 PM
Yeah, all of that stuff, temp, the lake rewarming...or maybe they just didn't feel like it! :D

Hot Runr Guy
10-18-2010, 04:04 PM
Yeah, all of that stuff, temp, the lake rewarming...or maybe they just didn't feel like it! :D

and that's why they call it "fishing", and not "catching". We had a slow time too in mid-September, but it was still worth the trip.
HRG

Brian P
10-18-2010, 06:50 PM
We had a good time anyways. Got the rest of the storm timber disposed of. Hopefully better luck next time.

perchoreno
10-18-2010, 07:31 PM
I don't think you want to enter any cash tourneys.;)

eyeshunter
10-18-2010, 09:00 PM
I was up there this past week... absolutely nothing to speak of... My guess... a cold front came through... the temps the week before were in the 70s.