PDA

View Full Version : September smallmouth

ericj
10-08-2010, 09:46 AM
Hi Herbie,

I have not been able to get up there the last two years with this crummy economy and I have been going crazy. I am going to make it next year and want to come in September for some smallmouth. When would my best chance be to get them in shallow water and hitting topwaters? I would rather fish shoreline than humps and reefs if possible. I know that each year is different but choose a week with the best shot. I can not wait to get back up there.

Thank you,

Eric

Steve Herbeck
10-08-2010, 05:59 PM
eric,
if you want topwater and or shallow fishing with artificials the end of may thru 3rd-4th week of june is by far best with 1st and 2nd week of june prime .
it won't happen with any consistancy in sept or early oct. fantastic smallmouth fishing in late sept early oct with most fish avg 17-19+" and just about all groups have boated 20"+ fish,big,fat,hard fighting fall fish,but they will be on the reefs and won't be on topwaters. we have finally got people to realize this fantastic fall fishing/opportunity and now many groups are mixing up a day here or there or split days combining walleye or musky fishing with some smallmouth fishing cause it's just to hard not to especially after talking with those who have thru the week.