PDA

View Full Version : Leech Lake Stocking

Muskie Nut
10-07-2010, 08:38 AM
Again this year the Cap City Chapter is buying Leech Lake strain fish from the Minnesota Muskie Farm. Thanks to the generosity of its members and sponsors. The fish have been certified as decease free and the permit to transfer has been sent in. Tom Penniston has been in charge of this seeing that all the proper steps are done.

As of right now, the stocking date is going to be late Oct or early Nov. At stocking time the WDNR will fin clip and place PIT tags in them. The location if we follow what we have done in the past will be Olin Landing on the south side of Monona.

Stay tuned.

Muskie Nut
11-07-2010, 05:14 PM
I have just heard from Tom Penniston and the fish are going to be delivered on Friday the 12th of November about 11 am.

Tom Penniston
11-08-2010, 11:07 AM
Thanks Gerard, here is the firm information: As you stated, the fish are scheduled to be stocked at 11AM, Friday November 12th at Olin Park ramp as last year. The DNR will PIT tag each fish. The fish this year will be slightly smaller, averaging 9-10 inches instead of 10-12 inches as in years past.

Muskie Nut
11-08-2010, 12:41 PM
Thanks for the update. I also sent a emailed to those that I have that get the newsletter via email. I heard back from Kevin Richards (MUSKIE Mag Editor) and he would like an article with pics to follow up on our stocking. So we will have to do that as well.

Muskie Nut
11-10-2010, 07:32 PM
I got an email from Tom the stocking is off. The MN Muskie Farm did not have enough to satisfy the MN DNR and us. So we got left out.

If you want a detailed email please contact me and I will forward you Tom's email that he sent me.

Needless to say that I am very disappointed is an understatement. It is what we on the Cap City Board (members too) thrive for each year. We had these let downs when we were part of the Portage Project as well, only almost yearly. It wasn't easy then and its not any better now.

Let hope we can get our allotment next year (or more?).