PDA

View Full Version : Oct. 4th and 5th report

walleyemaxx
10-06-2010, 10:30 AM
Hi everyone,

About time I'm able to make a report. I couldn't get internet access one day, and my forums page was down the next. I hope every thing is now fixed.

On Monday the 4th, I guided two very good fishermen staying at the Golden Fawn Resort. With terrible conditions, we managed to catch Walleye, Sm. Bass, Crappie, and Perch. The barometer was as high as I can ever remember seeing. 30.49, with high bluebird skies. Luckily, we had some wind most of the day. The water temps started out at 56 degrees and wound up at 59 degrees. The morning air temps started out below freezing, and wound up in the sixties. Gotta love WI. weather.

We had to work for our fish. We fished the east and west sides and found the Walleye and crappie in the deep wood, and the Perch in the weeds. Every thing was caught on jig and minnows. The wind was from the southwest at a good clip, so we didn't drift, but rather anchored upwind of the cover and structure areas. We used slip bobbers too, but they didn't produce as well as jigging. We also lost a ton of jigs. But if you didn't fish right in the thick cover, you wouldn't get bit.

Pictured is Al and Andy with the fish we kept. We caught a lot more that we released.

On Tuesday the 5th, I spent the morning looking at more properties, then got out in the afternoon for a few hours. The fishing was slow for me with only a Walleye and a Perch to show for it. I released both. they were caught on jig and minnows. The barometer was very high again with clear bluebird skies. The wind was from the south west again and the water temps were around the 59 degree mark. Of interest, the air temps got into the 70's. Way to warm for this time of year. I was on the road and heading for home in the late afternoon so I missed the evening bite.

Hope this helps any one going to the Big Chip. If you do, feel free to post a report. Good luck everyone.

Walleyemaxx