PDA

View Full Version : Treestand Steve deer report

Muskie Matt
10-06-2010, 10:28 AM
This update from the woods comes from our pal Steve, who bagged a nice 8 pointer the other day.

11751Good Evening guy's,, just thought i would give a update on the bow hunting . Well i sat in the deer woods yesterday afternoon and i must say it was a great afternoon considering the morning was a wash due to high winds and the off and on rain we had. I got a later start then i like but managed to climb into the tree by 3:45,get set up,put my safety belt on and range a few trails with my range finder.At 4:00 i heard a twig snap and slowly turned my head to see what made the noise and to my surprise it was a nice 8 point buck...Well now it was a waiting game but in the end i won...I arrowed the deer at 10 yards with my Athens bow and he ran 50 yards flat out and expired...SO now i have some great venison in the freezer and memories of another great hunt. So good luck to all you hunters and stay safe. More to come from Treestand Steve...

Thanks Steve and we look forward to more updates from the "bushes" of northern Wisconsin. We'll have to get together soon, I'll bring the camera and sit up in another tree. Bet we'd get some cool pics!

Steve Squiller
10-07-2010, 11:56 AM
Thanks Matt...I was just out this morning doing a little turkey hunting and saw another decent buck and a few small turkey..Looking forward to this years gun season,,more to come..