PDA

View Full Version : Oct.2nd report

walleyemaxx
10-03-2010, 09:49 AM
Hi everyone,

Guided JENS today. We had a fun day on the water with many different weather changes. We had every thing except snow, which it seemed cold enough for. The wind was from the east north east most of the day. it was usually very strong but setled down toward late afternoon.

The fish didn't seem to mind what the weather was doing. We caught a lot of fish. We caught 6 Walleyes, keeping our limit of 4, severaal crappies some Sm. Bass, and 2 huge perch. We threw the bass back and still had enough for a very nice fish fry and JENS still had a big bag of fillets to bring home.

We were fishing for Walleyes but still caught several Crappies on the jig and minnows. Everything was in the deep stump flats. Lost a few jigs, but that's when you know you are fishing in the right spot. We caught fish in at least 4 different spots. the key now is the wood. The Walleyes had very small minnow in thier stomachs. Now that they are feeding on minnows, I figure that the bug larvae is cropped down to where now the Walleyes will feed heavy on minnows. When they crop those down, the fishing will get better and better as the Walleyes will have to hunt longer for food.

Pictured is JENS and myself holding just part of the days catch. I filleted the first batch when we went in for dinner.

For your day on the water chasing Walleyes, Email, or phone me. We can set up a trip.

Walleyemaxx

smiley
10-04-2010, 07:57 AM
I went out around 3:00 yesterday afternoon on the Wisconsin River in Stevens Point. Went to a known spot where lots of different fish frequent. But on this day, mostly walleye were hanging near the downed timber. Fishing about 20 yards from the stronger current (due to last week's flooding), I was able to catch nearly 20 walleye and 3 crappie in 2 1/2 hours, all on minnows. Ended up keeping 3 15", 1 17" walleye plus all 3 crappie around 11". Glad I took off a little early from watching the Packer game. Good to know I don't have to travel too far to catch nice fish. Almost all fish came on slip bobbers in 7' of water. I think the key was just being out of the stronger current.... the fish must have been feeding where the minnows would wash out. Good to hear of your success on Sunday, Tom.

Smiley

DWW
10-05-2010, 05:52 PM
Nice catch Maxx, those look like some real "jumbo perch", are they around 12"ers ?

walleyemaxx
10-06-2010, 09:43 AM
Hi everyone,

Thanks for the report Smiley. Sounds like a good time. My son went to Stevens Point college and fished the WI. river in town. He said you could catch almost any thing in the river. He said he never kept any thing, just fished for the fun.

I didn't post a report for sunday because I couldn't get internet access. Than didn't report yesterday because I couldn't get on my own forum page when I tried, so just went fishing. I'll post a report today.

DWW, the biggest Perch we're 11"ers. They had minnows and crayfish in their guts.

Walleyemaxx