PDA

View Full Version : just curious

cthemeyes
09-28-2010, 09:00 AM
Hey fellas,
Plannig a trip to little bay around the weekend of the 23rd of oct for walleyes. I was just curious as to what the bite is typically like that time of fall. I'll probably do most of my fishing at night. Is the bite better that time of year in the lower bay around the ford river? What about the cedar river area?If anyone has any suggest I appreciate all the help. Thanks again guys!

Thanks
Cthemeyes
(Corey)

The Bait Shop Guy
09-28-2010, 07:24 PM
You should be hitting it at a good time. Usually, a lot of the bigger fish that have been living out in the middle of Green Bay have started to make the move into Little Bay by the second or third week of the month. You should be able to run into fish trolling cranks after dark. If we're lucky, there will be a good daytime bite, (crawlers and redtail chubs,) too. The majority of the trolling takes place north of Gladstone, but there are usually plenty of fish to be caught south, with a lot more elbow room.

Good luck this October.

cthemeyes
09-28-2010, 08:32 PM
Chris,
Thanks for the info, my father and I were up there last november and bought some cranks and licences from you. You were very helpful with the info you gave us and we appreciated the honesty. We will be stopin in again and are plannin on stayin there as well. We did really well by portage point at night. Caught our fish from sunset to about 12 midnight and then it seemed to get slow.Is that typical or should we have keep working the area? Was really impressed with the quality, 3 between 29 and 30 1/2 and others between 25 and 28. We took lots of photos and put em back. Tried during the day and marked alot of fish but never caught any. Thanks again we will see ya in a few weeks.

Thanks,
Cthemeyes
(corey)

The Bait Shop Guy
09-29-2010, 11:10 AM
You were very helpful with the info you gave us and we appreciated the honesty.

Thanks Corey. Glad to help out where I can.

Your experience with early evening success is not that unusual. A lot of times, there will be a second wave of activity after 1am. Sometimes, they bite all night long. Other nights, you won't get a bite. That's just "fishing" I guess.

cthemeyes
10-02-2010, 11:29 AM
Hey guys,
Here are a couple pics from last years trip in november. Hoping this year will produce similar results. All these fish were caught in little bay trolling ripsticks and all were released largest was 30.5 and all are different fish. Funny thing is my dad caught the 29 and 30.5 back to back and on the next pass lost an absolute monster right behind the boat, had to be over 30 in. Hope this gets the blood pumping. Best of luck to all.

Cthemeyes
(corey)