PDA

View Full Version : How is your year going so far????

Mike Hulbert
09-20-2010, 06:55 AM
With fall right around the corner, how would you say your year is going so far??? More fish in the boat than usual, less fish, bigger fish, smaller fish??? I always like to compare and see how many people are experiencing the same things and how many have different experiences.

For me 2010 has been my best year. With well over 300 muskies in the boat already I couldn't be happier. Also the avg size this year is also WAY up, the avg fish is well over 40, which is pretty hard to do in this sport. Lots and lots of BIG BIG fish, and just an unbelieveable amount of 44-48 inchers.

So how is your year going? Any new personal best? Any people struggling? Lets hear what you got to say!!!!

Juhas
09-20-2010, 04:51 PM
Wow Mike that's unbelievable!

grostefong
09-20-2010, 05:55 PM
What I'm struggling with is finding the time to get out there since the temps have dropped!

Mike Hulbert
09-20-2010, 09:46 PM
Thanks Juhas...it really is unbelieveable....at least to me it is!!!

If you having a hard time finding time to fish...well then...your just to busy!!! LOL Call in sick...take a personal day or a vacation day...take 2 or 3 days off...always gotta have time and find time to fish!!!!

Dave T
09-21-2010, 03:39 PM
If you having a hard time finding time to fish...well then...your just to busy!!! LOL Call in sick...take a personal day or a vacation day...take 2 or 3 days off...always gotta have time and find time to fish!!!![/QUOTE]

You got that right brother!

Going to be doing that soon!!

Dave

ManitouDan
09-23-2010, 12:47 PM
been a tough year for me, missed our annual muskie tourney in July for the 1st time in 15 years. had some family health issues. BUT leaving tommorrow at noon for a week of fall fishing on the Manitou. Mike we have an odd number of three --could we pick you up in Northern Ind on the way ? nothing like last minute . Dan

pete_k
09-23-2010, 03:12 PM
Same as every year.

jkahler
09-24-2010, 10:15 PM
May was great, June was awful, July was good, August was awful, September has been awesome so far, but our current weather will slow it down I think.

Lots of bad weather and reel failures this year. I've caught more this year (18 fish 30" and over) than I've ever caught in a season, but the big fish have been in hiding. Fishing good water and throwin' big baits... waiting for it to pay off.

jerryjudt
10-24-2010, 05:23 PM
Mike, I saw you coming in to Pie Eyed Petey's on Saturday at noon while I was going back out after lunch. I'm curious about whether you found fish on Tippy or James Lake and at what depth? I have fished Loon, Webster, Barbee Chain, and Tippy this fall with no action, so any suggestions would be much appreciated. Most of the time I'm dragging suckers along the breakline and casting to the shallow side. I'm hoping to continue fishing on Saturdays until Thanksgiving.

Mike Hulbert
10-25-2010, 05:55 PM
Well to be 100% honest with you, right now the fish are scattered all over...some are in 3 ft. of water, some in 8-12 and others in 25 to 50....have seen and caught them in all depths lately.

Just keep on casting and it will happen for you. These super warm temps aren't helping any...but the weather will be getting colder soon...and the fish will be alot easier to pattern.

Good luck out there!!!!