PDA

View Full Version : Fox Chain 9-17-10

pgutmann
09-18-2010, 08:20 AM
Well I was able to get out twice this week. Fished both outings with my good friend Randy C. Water temps were still holding/ranging from 68-72. Clarity still pretty good. Algae continues to die off and now is starting to clump up in areas. Weeds still in good shape and green in all areas.

Wednesday: Fished from 6:30 am to 3:00 pm. Only raised 1 muskie on a swimbait. Very frustrating day especially after Randy was out the day before and had 9 to the boat. We even fished the same areas he did the day before a couple of times. :( Fished Bluff, Marie, Channel and Catherine

Friday: The muskie gods were with us today! :D I boated my personal best after all these years on the Chain. A beautiful 48" decided to eat "Kermit II" my Bullfrog Topraider at boatside. It was great to see her swim away and hopefully grow up to be that elusive 50" muskie in a couple of more years. We also raised 10 other muskies with only a couple of fish trying to eat our topwater offerings. Fished Bluff, Marie, Channel and Catherine. Fished from 6:30 am to 4:00 pm.