View Full Version : where to fish next week 9/20/10

bobswn
09-17-2010, 05:03 PM
Hi Steve,

met you a few times in Madison,Wi. at the musky banquet, own the 3 islands by blind bay have any suggestions on what to use and where to fish muskeys and walleys be up there the 20th of this month. looking for a few pointers.

Bob Purnell
bobswn1122@yahoo.com

Steve Herbeck
09-17-2010, 06:52 PM
if you look at the 9/13 report it right now is just about the same as far as locations and presentations though through next week i would expect the walleyes to move slowly a bit shallower as the they get used to the turnover and baitfish come shallower

ManitouDan
09-21-2010, 04:47 PM
any updates for this week , i'm coming north to the maintou in 4-5 days MD

Steve Herbeck
09-21-2010, 06:47 PM
well the manitou is an entirely diff system altogether and i don't have any reports from anyone there but here water temps are 55-56 degrees,turnover done but not enough stable weather to level things out,winds have been switching daily and strong more than not,mostly dark and cloudy weather patterns.
this week biggest walleye was 29" so far with most fish 16-23" and avg daily catches running 30-50 fish vs 70-100 through the season and previous to turnover with most fish still coming 34-45',bass have moved up onto the humps 18-24',and 54" ,49",48",47",46" muskies have been the biggest so far as of today this week with fish being caught from 4'-30' though most active hot caught fish have come from relativley shallow water and numbers of fish chasing baits low compared to rest of the season so far, things still need to come around for the peak we are waiting for but really it shouldn't take much except for some decent weather patterns as everything else is right on track.

ManitouDan
09-22-2010, 08:07 AM
thanks for the update . I know the manitou is different but geographically it's about as a close a report as I can get. Funny but the weather predicted for Ifalls doesn't seem to what we get when we get to the Tou. (and it's never better !)

my original plans were to close up our camp / fish a few days and try to make it up to Eagle but I just don't have enough time off work to pull it off. Hope the fishing is on fire next week. Dan

Steve Herbeck
09-22-2010, 08:55 AM
sorry i couldn't help more,it would be easy to say manitou since it is trout water would have the same patterns going on as our trout water of west arm and portage every lake is diff and has it characteristics and quirks. but just for comparison and hope it is the same for you fish have been moving off of points,bars,and walls and some big ones on rubber,gramas,and tens and best on sunny or partly cloudy windy days