PDA

View Full Version : new to flowage

timeister
09-15-2010, 07:11 AM
hi to all the local people up on the flowage,i have heard great things about your wonderful body of water for years and now finally i get to enjoy it for a week coming up sat.sep18-25.my mom has aplace on butternut lake by park falls but me and the guys wanted to try a new place this year,rather than fishing below the crowley for sturgeon,and butternut for the elusive small walleyes.theres 6 of us coming up from milwaukee and we will be staying at the fishermans point cabin of the flambeau lodging inc.we are taking the pontoon out for a few days for camaradarie and ball busting and hopefully we can catch enough fish for a few shorelunches.we also have 2 boats along,a dominator and the tigger 1.(PAINTED IN THE COLORS OF A TIGER MUSKIE).if you see us out there give us a wave or stop by and chew the fat for awile we always have room for more friends.a few questions i do have about the flowage?anybody do much fishing after dark or is it a little too dangerous?where would be a few spots we could try with the pontoon for a mixed bag of fish using minnows and crawlers?i have a hotspots map but local fishing help is always appreciated.and finally is donners bay the same donners that had the bait shop off of hwy 70 BETWEEN THE PIXLEY and crowley dam?

FlambeauFisher
09-15-2010, 09:09 AM
My crew and I do fish after dark in the spring but I wouldn't recommend it for someone who's new to the flowage. We use spot lights and travel very slowly.

I've never done much late season fishing on the TFF. For the most part, I've turned my interests to hunting by this time of year. However, it sounds like you could anchor over the river channel with your pontoon and try that. Jig tipped with minnow should work for walleyes.

Rich P

Flambeau dreamer
09-15-2010, 10:49 AM
I stay in that cabin for four weeks throughout the season.... great cabin!
you will enjoy it.
As for the fishing info, I myself am a musky fisherman.....but see Jack Adler (he lives two doors down from your cabin). Super nice fello, and always happy to share his knowledge of the flowage. Jack has lived there for years, and walleye are his passion.
Have a great trip, and leave some skis for me as I am up oct. 8th.
lots of luck, and I hope this helps...
chris

Flambeau dreamer
09-15-2010, 10:55 AM
One more tip, crow island.... (its to the left of your dock when facing water)..
has 18 cribs on the side you can see. just use your locator and they will start to show up about 30 yards from shore. They should be in 10 to 13 ft of water (depending on levels).
good luck
chris

timeister
09-15-2010, 04:35 PM
thanks for info,should have a great week

timeister
09-15-2010, 04:38 PM
thank you for all the helpful hints and we wil make sure we leave the cabin in one piece and leave no minnows under the bed like grumpy old men.ha,ha,hee!