PDA

View Full Version : Labor Day Weekend Report

smiley
09-07-2010, 07:33 AM
Fished the east side out of Treelands with the family on Saturday from 3-6 PM. Tried some lines with minnows, crawlers and leeches. Caught panfish on minnows and crawlers. Nothing on the leeches. Very slow fishing with the windy conditions and the cold front that came through. Didn't fish dusk time period so not much luck with the walleyes. Went out Sunday with brother and his son and did quite well. Caught a variety of panfish, bass, walleye from 3-6 PM. Most fish caught on leeches with a few on crawlers (including the walleye). Trick seemed to be 1/16 oz. green jigs. Had a good time relaxing with the family. Will be up on the TFF this coming weekend to put in a little more time fishing.

Smiley

walleyemaxx
09-07-2010, 09:23 AM
Hi Smiley,

Sounds like the Walleyes are still playing hard to catch. I spent the weekend visiting with my son and his wife in Depere WI. Then spending quality time with my wife doing yard projects and such. Been gone so much that I have to keep in touch with the family.

I'll be back at it this weekend and plan to hit it hard for the rest of the year. With the weather forecast I just saw, it looks like the water should start to cool down considerably. That should jump start the Walleyes.

By TFF do you mean the turtle flambeau? Good luck and let us know how you do.

Walleyemaxx

smiley
09-07-2010, 12:16 PM
Yeah, I'll be at the Turtle Flambeau Flowage this coming weekend. The water temps were 68 on Saturday and 72 on Sunday. I'd imagine they'll be mid 60's by this coming weekend. Good luck!

walleyemaxx
09-08-2010, 09:20 AM
Hi Smiley,

I talked to 3 guys from Park Falls putting thier boat in the Big Chip this spring. I asked them if they ever fished the Turtle Flambeau. They said they have fished it a lot. I asked them to compare the Chippewa Flowage with the Turtle Flambeau and they said the Chippewa Flowage was better hands down. They said there is no comparison between the two. That is why they go to the Big Chip now.

I'll be interested to see how you do over there. So please post a report from your experience over there. Thanks.

Walleyemaxx