PDA

View Full Version : "We Are Still On The Fish"

Fishing Thrills Guide Service
09-03-2010, 01:31 PM
Both panfish and gamefish continue to bite well I have been on the water thru-out the past week and it has been some of the best I have seen in years. Largemouth bass are still on the rocky points. When you find a school, it's possible to catch alot of them. Look for the fish in 15-20 ft of water with split shot crawlers/4" finnesse worms being the best presentations. Northern Pike fishing has been very slow. I've been dragging and floating suckers around all week and only caught a couple of fish. There is just to much baitfish in the water for them to eat. Bluegills for most of the week have been just outside the weed edge in 15-20 ft. However, the bigger ones can be very difficult to catch at times. Leaf worms or red worms have been producing and the best approach fishing straight beneath the boat and then using slip bobbers. Try for them 1 ft above the weeds or suspending out over 30-40 feet of water.
Crappies continue to be very active. They are on the weed line in 14-16 ft of water. They can be caught on small plastics. Chartreuse or purple have been producing most of the action. The Walleye fishing has been kind of slow with the warmer water temps. I've been catching them here or there but not in any great numbers with any consistency. Most of the time, I've been doing my fishing in 15-17 ft of water catching bass numbers in the teens so I may be missing out as the Walleyes are a bit deeper. I have been having better luck for them when I slide a little deeper in 22-24 ft of water on the out side of the structure. We will start targeting them alot more in the coming weeks as the water cools, so be looking for more information about how we are jigging, pulling spinners and crankbaits for walleye soon. If you have been looking walleye and bass action it is time to get ahold of me to book your trip.