PDA

View Full Version : Area Fishing Report 9-2-10

Shane & Cathy
09-02-2010, 03:35 PM
Hello again everyone, this is Catch em Cathy from Aquatic Arts with your final fishing report for the 2010 season. Fishing patterns have already begun changing, and I am really looking forward to some extroadinary fall fishing as conditions are seeming perfect to catch some trophy fish!

Walleyes have turned on this week with the drop in water temps. Live bait has been working great; with crawlers and XL fatheads working the best. Fish these on an 1/8 to 1/4oz jighead along humps and dropoffs. During the day the eyes have been deep, so keep that in mind when you're heading out in search of some keepers. During the evening the walleyes have been moving up onto flats with wood structure.

The Pike bite has been holding steady as they are responding great to the cooler temps. Fishing the weedbeds has been more successful for everyone as the weeds have begun to die off near the surface. Cast tandem spinnerbaits or Mepps over weedbeds with a steady retrieve just under the surface of the water. You can also use a slip float with Walleye suckers or Northern Bait in these weedy areas for some nice action as well!!!

Small Mouth Bass are on the rock bars, and you want to use shallow running crankbaits such as shallow shad raps in crawfish pattern. Some nice fish were caught this week, with the biggest being a 22 inch beauty. The Largemouth bass are still relating to the weed edges and we are fishing deeper for them now. 7 inch power worms are hot, rig them Texas style for the best action.

If you're after Muskies you picked the right time, with the falling water temps the Musky action really picked up. Time to use sub surface baits such as Pallbearers or Wabulls by Suick. Fish just off the mid lake weed edges. If you like using suckers for bait, now is the time to start. A nice 51 inch Muskie was caught on a sucker this week just north of Tomahawk.

Well thats all for now, this has been your Friday fishing report with catch em Cathy. Don't forget to follow me online for fall fishing reports and ice fishing reports at fishtomahawk.com!!

Devanng
09-02-2010, 04:41 PM
hows the fishing been at spirit or kings dam....or any other dams in the area?

Shane & Cathy
09-08-2010, 04:26 PM
bites at the area dams have been alright, a few keepers here and there. The best bite has been on the lakes and woody stretches of the river

chief400
09-13-2010, 06:20 AM
No fall and first ice report? There is 4 months left of this year and some really good fishing times to come. I enjoy the reports even if they are short.

Shane & Cathy
09-14-2010, 12:18 PM
WEll, that was just my final fishing report for the radio, I don't know if you listen to the local radio station here but I was on WEdnesdays and Fridays here on 92.5 I will be continuing to update as the season continues!! THanks :)

Catch em Cat