PDA

View Full Version : Great Trip

esoxaddict
09-02-2010, 11:55 AM
As always, the hospitality was second to none! Great to see Scott, Mike, Cal and the guys again, too.

I was pretty worried bringing my girlfriend up this year for the first time. I made sure she knew that muskie fishing isn't easy, and that 6 days of it might be a bit much for her... I had high hopes for her, but I told her Eagle can be tough. She had never caught a muskie, and I wasn't even sure she'd have a good time. Everyone in camp made her feel right at home, which helped a lot. The only thing left was the fish...

By around noon the first day she had called them every name in the book! She swore she'd never get the hang of casting, not getting backlashes, etc. I can't repeat what she said about muskie fishing or the people that do it, but there were quite a few f-bombs. We finally gave her a topraider and told her to just relax and enjoy the scenery. I reminded her that your first muskie doesn't come easy, and that we still had 5-1/2 days left to fish. About that time, a 45"er came along and gave her a serious attitude adjustment!

She also got a 30"er, and a couple nice walleyes for the trip. I got a 38, 41, and a 48 for the week, with several bigger fish hooked and lost, and many others sighted, including 2 in the 55" range.

I think I found a new fishing partner! The smile says it all, doesn't it?

Steve Herbeck
09-05-2010, 05:33 PM
you're a lucky guy,looks like you got an enthusiatic fishing partner now. we all really enjoyed her spunk and had a great time with her.
take care and we'll see each other this winter.
herbie