PDA

View Full Version : Water Temps on Kinkaid

jmdavis
08-31-2010, 11:32 PM
Does anyone know what the water temps are currently on Kinkaid? Last time I was on the lake the temps were upper 80's and low 90's in some areas in early August.

Jake

Chad Cain
08-31-2010, 11:40 PM
I hope to God you didn't see anyone muskie fishing in those water temps!!! That is a lethal combination.

AFchris
09-01-2010, 08:36 AM
Haven't been on Kinkaid lately but I've spent a good amount of time on similar waters in the local area. Last week water temps on Egypt got down to about 82 degrees. The cooler nights really helped out a bit, actually turned the fish on too! This week its warmed up again and of course temps are slowly climbing again. Yesterday 85 degrees.

jmdavis
09-06-2010, 09:59 AM
Went over to Kinkaid lake on Saturday evening for the 3 hours before dusk. Water temps were hovering between 80-81 degrees. Cooler evenings are definitely cooling temps as AFChris said. The rain forecasted for this week should help as well. I did not see anyone musky fishing yet. It's almost time to switch out the bass and panfish gear for the musky rods!

K4Muskies
09-07-2010, 11:25 PM
last time I heard from a friend of mine who was there on Friday it was 82F. I heard some people have started to fish for muskies this week. Not sure how they did, I would give it by the end of next week the water tems should go down to mid 70's

perazzi10
09-14-2010, 05:47 PM
wanting to come down next weekend but need to know the water temps, i want to fish for musky but won't if temps are to high.

K4Muskies
09-16-2010, 12:46 AM
Last I heard from a friend of mine was that the temps are 74 at the water treatment and 78 at the North side of the lake. That was on Sunday it should drop a couple of degrees by this weekend. He said thre were some people fishing (mainly troling deep water for muskies).

Good luck