PDA

View Full Version : Fox Chain 8-25-10

pgutmann
08-27-2010, 02:06 PM
Wells boys and girls, I was out on the Chain yesterday (8/25) with my good friend Randy C. Have not been on this water since the second week of June. Trips focus was mainly a "recon" so we decided on about 4 hours. We fished from 9 am to 1 pm. Surface temps on the Ranger were holding at 77.8 from the transom sensor and 80.2 from the trolling motor sensor. Water clarity was about 2+' on Channel/Catherine with Marie at 1" or less. Weeds are in good shape.

Oh, did I mention I did catch a 30" muskie on a swimbait out of 5' of water. Little skinny but was very hungry. Kept the fish in the net and got to use my Muskie Bumper in the water and the fish actually swam off the board and went right back into the weeds very quickly.

Yes, I typically do not like fishing in warmer water temps but my experience over the many years has taught me proper techniques to try and increase their survival. Knowing the depth of water from which the fish was caught at during high water temps is the most critical piece of information any muskie fisherman must first deal with in deciding which proper handling techniques to use.