PDA

View Full Version : first big fish

iceyes
08-26-2010, 08:16 PM
My 11 y.o. stepson went down to the Esky harbor today for the first time by himself. He called me up about 20 min later and said he had a pike and didn't know if it was big enough, so I went down ther to measure it for him. It was only 18 in so he let it go. As he was reeling in his next cast I jokingly said "there's a big one" well about a second later a 27 in pike grabbed his lure. The look on his face was priceless. He fought it like a pro on his light action rod. This was his biggest fish so far. As I was coming home I remembered how I got hooked on fishing...it was bringing home a "big northern" when I was about 11. I think today will keep him hooked for a long time.

Raander
08-27-2010, 04:52 AM
that is one happy camper and a great fish, congrats!!!

YooperTroll
08-27-2010, 06:33 AM
Awesome! Love it. My boy caught a 24" pike there a couple of summers ago on his birthday...one of my favorite memories (and his!) and one of my fav pictures now.

Priceless stuff.

Hoosier
08-27-2010, 08:25 AM
My son caught his first keeper last year, and now there are not enough days in a week to get him out. moments like this make life a wonderful thing.

COACH DONBOB
08-27-2010, 09:16 PM
I brought out a 11 year old sweden boy and his father . The boy took in 16 of them out of 20 and missed 8 more . 2 of them were 14 pounders
It was great and the faces were glowing , my brother inlaw was very proud of then both . I hope your 11 year old can get out their and try that out some day

Good luck fishing
Don

bounty hunter
08-29-2010, 03:19 PM
Nice fish Brandan you are welcome in my boat with fish like that.