View Full Version : Musky Report - 8/25/10

Chas Martin
08-25-2010, 12:28 PM
Muskie fishing has remained great in the Eagle River and Three lakes area but the feeding windows have been short and sweet. You must be sure to be on quality spots all day long to ensure that when these windows open you will be in position to take advantage. Catching 4 to 5 good muskies within an hours time has been the norm lately but you may fish 10+ hours before this happens! Night fishing has also been great and has been a sure bet for catching muskies on pressured systems since mid-July. We are starting to catch and see more big fish as the water temps cool and as the days become shorter.

A word of caution - when you are chasing big muskies you must make sure to always check and recheck your teminal tackle (hooks, split rings, leaders, rod guides, reels, everything). Around this time last year I unfortunately got to name a new spot on the TLC "Broken Spit Ring Point." The sad thing about this story is that I already replaced my split rings...it was probably just a factory defect. But with that said - check your equipment and replace as needed!

Good luck and fish hard!

Chas Martin

http://www.muskymastery.com