PDA

View Full Version : Fishing Update 8-24-10

Shane & Cathy
08-24-2010, 02:45 PM
Hello everyone, this is Cathy from Aquatic Arts Fishing Pro Shop right here in Tomahawk. Great weather, water conditions, and lake levels are making for some great fall fishing to look forward to. Anglers have been doing very well on Panfish lately!! Slab bluegills are being caught out here on the river and area lakes. All you need for a set-up is either a small lead head jig or ice jig tipped with a baby leech or leaf worm. Fish drop offs near weed beds, structure near river channels, and around pillars of bridges and trestles, 6-10ft of water. Walleyes have still been hard to come by this year, but the bite is picking up steadily. This slightly cooler weather has turned the eyes back on to Live Bait, with Leeches along with XL Fatheads and Crawlers being their choice meals. Jig these on a 1/8 to 1/4oz lead head jigs along weed edges, rock bars, and deep holes and humps. Leeches will be coming to an end early this year due to the high water temps. Soon they will be burying themsleves in the mud and muck to lay their eggs. You better get them and use them while you still can!!!! If you like Bass Fishing, nows the time to get out and get your trophy!! Large Bass are being caught all over the area, with the River producing the biggest fish. Sizes registered have been ranging from 18-23 inches. Power Worms, Yamasenkos, and Zoom Flukes have been the hottest plastics. For live bait, Nightcralwers, leeches, and walleye suckers have been best. Fish along weed beds, stump fields, root systems, and Rock bars. Fish have been scattered so fish a variety of depths, you never know where a giant bass may be hiding. Well, thats all for today, this has been your weekly fishing update with catch em cathy. For daily fishing updates and fish pictures, log ont o fishtomahawk.com
THNX
-catch em cat

Mike Kanaval
08-24-2010, 04:21 PM
Speaking of slab panfish, take a look at this Crappie, it's on top of the beer cooler justr to give you some scale.. I released it! :)

supra8795
08-24-2010, 04:33 PM
Nice crappie Mike. Any word on how the Pike and Musky bite is going?

Mike Kanaval
08-24-2010, 04:43 PM
No, I'm back in Flatlander land earning my paychecks. I won't get back up until Labor Day with the rest of the Flatlander invasion. I saved most of my vacation for the Fall so I could keep Dave, Debbie, Shane & Cathy busy selling me Suckers until ice up. Almost every weekend in October & November is set aside for the big Muskie hunt up there. I'm just sitting back and waiting right now..

I could see a quick impromptu visit before then, I have been known for making sporadic decisions..

Dave, Save the big ones! :)

supra8795
08-25-2010, 06:46 AM
Leaving my house in about 20 mins. Ill be up at Aquatic Arts for some bait and license around 1.