PDA

View Full Version : Green

Jeff Snug Harbor
08-17-2010, 03:49 PM
I am disappointed that no one responded to my post about the algae

Nothing will happen until enough of us complain or get sick

The DNR visited my place on Saturday, his comment was no one should have to put up the stink

By the way the stink is toxic and could cause severe allergic reactions

He said the Wisconsin waters are for the enjoyment of our citizens and the only way something will be done is to keep complaining especially to the folks in Madison

Jeff Gross

Luke McGarry
08-17-2010, 10:18 PM
Jeff,

I can appreciate your predicament. I can add all my own comments about the algae, but your comments say it all.

The DNR's current 'plan' to combat the algae is to drop the water levels in February instead of January. Their hope is to get the weedbeds to grow better. They think that more weeds will filter (use) the nutrients entering the lake that cause all the algae. LOL Soon you will not be able to troll because of all the weeds. But weeds and algae both feed on the nutrients, so why should we expect the algae to go away. They need to stop the polluters.

I don't think anything will do any good until someone sues the DNR for their inability to stop the pollution of our lake. Actually, a class-action suit would be better if that's possible.

Hope that helps.

Luke

WD Joe
08-18-2010, 08:50 AM
Got to tell you I am on the west side and I was concerned early in the season as the "green" was present eariler then I have ever seen it. I think it was before the 4th.

Since then there has been little surface algae on the Juneau side. Water has been pretty nice.

Maybe a discussion with the DNR guys and the power co to discuss their thoughts of the new plan after the season would give us some insight.

I do know what you are talking about and when it is that bad!!

Joe
08-19-2010, 05:31 PM
The green was buy the dirty turtle as early as june,and it smelled horrible.It sat there for a few weeks until a strong breeze blew it out.I cannot emphasize how bad it stunk(like manure).Now they are putting in corn fields closer to the lake(near Germantown)are they on the adams side,fertilizer will soon leach into our good drinking water and the lake.What idiots are letting these morons put cornfields so close to the lake.

mister zero
09-14-2010, 03:42 PM
As was told to me, the cornfields where a type of tax shelter used by Pavlovski to avoid paying taxes on his undelvloped land. Apparently the tax rate is lower on agricultural land so he planted corn with no intention of ever harvesting it. If that is indeed the case, I doubt he ever spent the money for fertilizer. That side of the lake gets uglier by the day. Surprising how most of the land around the lake can get developed without leveling the forest, but he finds it nessasary to cut down every tree in his sight.

Joe
09-15-2010, 04:34 PM
He is a dirtbag,he is the problem on the West side of the lake.Germantown has to be allowing this,does he even pull permits.There wont be a tree left when he gets done.He digs a whole and puts lots around it and calls it a lake.I cant believe people buy those lots.Sorry just venting about the rape of our area.I HOPE HE GOES BANKRUPT.

mister zero
09-16-2010, 02:55 PM
From what I hear, daddy made billions durring the internet boom so he can sit on all of those vacant lots (and boy there are a lot of them) and not worry about it. I am sure that our opinions are shared by many and I doubt he will ever show his face around the lake. As far as germantown township goes, I am not surprised. He probably walked in there with the promice of millions in tax revenue from the property taxes and increased patronage of the resturaunts in the area. With those kinds of numbers getting thrown areound, people (especially small town politicians) will agree to anything.