PDA

View Full Version : July 31-Aug 12 report

RobertTB
08-14-2010, 02:46 PM
Tough. But then again, I did not fish all day every day to find a window of opportunity Musky wise. Still, I think it was as challenging as I have seen what with the high water and hot weather an all. That tornado warning deal that one night was quite interesting. Got to see Ty's folks and Tait, so that was good.

So, I only saw one follower on Chief in early August and had one fish hit a Pacemaker the evening of Aug 10 that I missed. My friend, Craig, he did put a 40 1/2 inch Tiger in the boat Aug 9 at about 8 PM that ate a bucktail. That was it.

I will say the crappie fishing was good ! hahahahha What can I say ? My group actually likes eating fresh crappie, so we bagged them. Tube jigs worked well for me, tight lining them over cribs. Got a bunch of 'gills too. It just boggles my mind how many panfish must be in the Chip. Whoa.

Craig's dad, Steve, he did get a bunch of Pike, so he had a great time catching them. Too bad none of 'em were real big, but it was action.

All in all, it was a great VACATION. We ate a lot, we fished a lot, we sat in the shade and talked a lot, we rode the PWC's, and we had a bunch of good times with great folks. That makes for a good time.

Hope y'all have Muskie success as the season progresses ! Good luck.

Ty Sennett
08-15-2010, 09:57 PM
Thanks for the report Robert. Sorry I wasn't able to get you out when you were up. I actually had planned to take you out but then we had some unfortunate news about Rachel's grandmother so I lost a few days there. I'll give you a call when I get a calendar for next year so we can plan ahead.

Take care,