PDA

View Full Version : Got Walleye??

muskihntr
08-11-2010, 12:57 PM
With the high water temps in this summer, does anyone have any success targeting walleye in NE Indiana while takin a break from Musky fishing??

Are there any decent walleye lakes worth hitting around the webster area within a hour or so?

Thanks

Ifishtolive
08-12-2010, 01:40 PM
Hi Jon! I have not fished for walleyes much myself, but I have heard good reports about Winona in Warsaw, and Sylvan at Rome City. They seem to be decent populations of Wallies mostly keepers but a few large ones every now and then. Believe it or not some of the best Walleye fishing is right around Indy on the White River. Chris Walker spoke at our Hoosier Musky Hunters March meeting and does nicely below the dam from Eagle Creek. Alot of stockings make thier way down and get really big, ditto for the smallies that find thier way down too! Have you ever tried the Indiana side of Lake Michigan for the smallies? I've heard they are enjoying the gobies! I'd like to make a trip up sometime to try but wondered if it was worth it! Is this summer long or what? I hope it cools down before Christmas!! I've got some Muskie goals to try and reach!

Take care!!

Buddy Ellenburg

Take a kid fishing they'll have a lifetime of memories!!

Jarrodwilson
08-21-2010, 08:10 AM
are you serious about walleye below the dam at eagle creek? i have live in the indy area for over 6 years and have never heard that. if this is true i must check this out.

Ifishtolive
08-21-2010, 06:18 PM
Yes the DNR stocks it well and alot of them make it below the dam. Cagles Mill also has some nice ones, closer to home for you. Brookville also has some nice eyes' and some really big muskie Bill James the head of fisheries showed a picture of a muskie that was in the trap net for walleyes April of '09, it was at least 45" and VERY FAT! I would like to get down there this fall or next spring there's some biggin's in there!

Buddy Ellenburg

Take a kid fishing they'll have a lifetime of memories!