PDA

View Full Version : Update

nielsensflyinlodge
08-10-2010, 07:40 PM
It was hot and humid yesterday and the Muskies liked it. Don with guests Mike Vodicka and Toby Sheasby put 5 in the boat, all on bucktails. The biggest was 47 inches followed by a 45, 44, 41 and a 40. Mike also had a 48 the day before. Paul Vieth started his trip with a bang with a 50. His buddy Mitch Albers caught a 42. Some bigger fish seen but no bitters ........yet.

Paul

reata
08-24-2010, 12:32 AM
Don, Lynn and Staff,

Thanks again for another great trip to Rowan Lake!

You guys work so hard to make our trip go so well. This was my 16th trip to your camp on Rowan Lake and besides the outstanding fishing, you guys make the difference why we keep coming back. The accommodations and food were again, as good as it gets. The new 4-stroke 20 hp motors were wonderful getting around the lake. The fishing was excellent. My son and my buddy Paul's son had another great trip as Paul's son Riley boated three muskies (last year those two 10 year olds caught 6 muskies) and his Dad put a dandy Rowan lake 50" in the boat. In four days my son caught 62 northern pike, 14 largemouth bass, 8 smallies and 1 walleye casting for muskies. He lost two nice muskies and we saw some absolute pigs. He just loves to have that bend in is pole! My 42" fish was netted only after 8-9 cast into the trip and I lost the my biggest Rowan lake muskie next to the boat as she exploded on my bait on the first turn on a figure 8...what excitement! My son was laughing at me because my arms were shaking uncontrollably after that adrenaline rush...

I fish a lot of water chasing muskies here in Minnesota, but my favorite muskie trip is always up on Rowan. I love the chance to fish those un-pressured fish and to fish water without all the competition and disruptions you get down here. You guys have all the ingredients that us muskie hunters thrive on...We can't wait for next years trip!

Glad to hear you guys are having a great year! It's great to see so many groups having multiple fish days in your fishing reports.

Enjoy the rest of your season,

Mitch

nielsensflyinlodge
08-24-2010, 10:33 AM
Thanks reata it's always great to here the feed back good or bad so we can do a better job just taking care of fisherman the best we can always! A lot of memories are created here for life.Once again thanks for being a great friend and a customer you are welcome on our dock any time. always a tight line Don.