PDA

View Full Version : Enforcement of the 100 foot law

walleyemaxx
08-10-2010, 08:40 AM
Hi everyone,

Saturday I had to wait behind a game warden to launch my boat. I couldn't pass up the oppurtunity. I asked him a bunch of quesstions, but the big one was if they scrapped the 100 foot law? that irritated him. he explained that it's a new law so they are giving out warnings and not tickets right now.

I asked him about going up to Crane lake. He informed me that he and his boss took a lazer range finder on the Chippewa Flowage to measure distances. In Crane Creek up to Crane lake he said that if you stay in the middle, you are 100 feet from both shores. That is untill you get to the lake. Then it narrows to where you must slow down.

For everyone who had ben asking me, there's your answer. I quess you can rip it wide open to Crane. I asked the Warden about other places where people should be concerned, and he said most areas are on the east side. Like going up to treelands, and R&R bayview, Moss creek to the landing, in front of the Golden Fawn, and down south between Cranberry lake and Indian Trail resort, around a lot of those islands. he didn't get real specific, but that was very usefull info. Just use common sense. If it looks narrow, for safety sake slow down.

There are other areas. I quess if you want to really know, you could buy a lazer range finder. Another toy hmmmm.... Like they say "He who dies with the most toys wins."

Happy motoring everyone

Walleyemaxx

MCR_at_BigMusky
08-11-2010, 11:58 AM
Thanks for the info! Did he happen to mention 1st pass going on and out of Scott lake? Thanks

walleyemaxx
08-11-2010, 03:13 PM
Hi MCR,

No he didn't. But use common sense. If it looks close, error on the side of safety. I never rip thru there anyway. If you meet another boat in there, you should slow down.

Good luck fishing, and let us know how you do on your next trip to the Big Chip.

Oh, and by the way, a strong storm ripped thru the area. You might want to call Big Musky to make sure your trailer is ok. I hope it is.

Walleyemaxx