PDA

View Full Version : Bike Rally Fishing Report 8/9/2010

Mike Allen
08-09-2010, 05:12 PM
The fishing has gotten better this week. Our numbers have increased to 30 - 70 plus fish. West Bend to the Dam on Lake Sharpe and the upper end of Francis Case have been the best. Also reports of some limits coming in from Carpenter Bluffs and Kiowa area. Still fishing mostly in the 10-20 foot range.
Fish size has been excellent with most fish from the 15-18 inch range.

Here is my report from the last week. On Sunday through Tuesday I had a group from Easten Iowa (Magno Keda, IA). Logan and Thomas had an outstanding time fishing with their father. Day 1 our boat caught 25 fish. Logan was the fishermen of the day. He cooled off on day 2, but Tom and Jim helped out. We caught 25 fish again on Monday. On Tuesday we caught 40 fish. The group got to experience the fast water fishing for a couple hours that day.

Wed bookwork day.

Thursday I fished with a group from Kansas City, KS and Dallas, TX. We caught around 60 fish. What a Day!! This was the first trip for the gentleman from Dallas, TX. He experienced some of South Dakota's finest fishing.

On Friday and Sat I had a group out from Omaha, NE. On Day 1 our group caught 60 walleyes. 35 on Sharpe and 25 on Francis Case. On Sat we decided to stay on Case. Not a very good decision on my part in the morning. It all turned out good. We caught most of our 30 fish in the afternoon with all fish that we brought in from 16-17 inches.

On Sunday I had a group out from South Haven, MI and Lake City, FL. We caught 30 fish by 11:00 a.m. Excellent first outing fishing in South Dakota.

Will not be much of a fishing report for the next 10 days. I will be out tomorrow and Wed. Then off to vacation with the family to Wisconsin Dells. Garry (dad) and the rest of the staff will have to make do without me.

Pictures will be updated tonight.

Look forward to seeing you
Mike Allen

Mike Allen
08-11-2010, 04:18 PM
Tuesday I fished with a group from Michigan and Florida. We caught 30 fish by 11:30 a.m. An excellent first time fishing trip to South Dakota.

Today (Wed) my group fromthe Hull, IA area caught 50 fish by 12:30. We had a group of 4 boats from that area. All boats did well. The boats averaged 50 fish per boat and quit fishing between noon and 12:30. What a group trip!! We will see you guys next year.

Will see you back in 10 days for my next report. Stay cool and real in those walleyes.

Mike Allen