PDA

View Full Version : Fishing Update 8-3-10

Shane & Cathy
08-03-2010, 03:28 PM
Hello Everyone, this is Cathy from Aquatic Arts Fishing Pro Shop right here in Tomahawk. Hot weather along with high humidity seems to be the trend this week, which is very condusive to some great topwater action!! The Panfish have been hitting steadily on cork poppers. Simply cast these in or along the weeds for some real fun!! Fish 3-6 ft of water. On overcast days, the Gills seem to be hiding a bit deeper along the weeds, so use a small feather jig or ice jig tipped with a baby leech, fish 5-9ft of water. Perch have been found along weedy, woody shorelines, 3-7ft of water. Berkley Power Nymphs have been the hot ticket. Limits of perch are being caught on these small plastics. Rig the power nymphs on a bare hook or small lead head jig and either twitch them right off the bottom or use a slip bobber. You are sure to get a hit!! The walleye bite has turned back on !! A 29" walleye is on display here at Aquatic Arts for our weekly fish contest, caught on a fathead minnow. Live bait seems to be working best, either minnows, leeches or crawlers. Use Live Bait Lindy Rigs and Crawler Harnesses. During the day, search for humps and dropoffs, 6-12ft of water. In the morning and evening, cast along weededges for the best luck, 4-8ft of water. Rapala X-Raps and Original Floating Rapalas have been the hot crankbaits. Northern Pike have remained very active through the weekend, with numerous 30+ fish being recorded. Spinnerbaits, Topwater Frogs, and Weedless spoons have still been working great!! Fish in and around bays, weed edges, and rock bars, 6-12ft of water. Well, thats all for today, this has been your weekly fishing update with Catch em Cathy. For daily fishing updates and fish pictures, log on to Fishtomahawk.com

supra8795
08-04-2010, 11:49 AM
I really hope this trend keeps up. We will be up there either Wednesday the 25th or Thursday the 26th. Cant wait.

BigBill
08-05-2010, 02:02 PM
I will be coming up next week. Do I bother watching the weather forcast or just show up and see what happens? Forcast is rain the whole week. Or do I wait till nicer weather?

supra8795
08-07-2010, 08:22 AM
Bill there has been many times when the forcast called for rain the whole time we were there but most of the time it never rains. Although the last time we were there it rained pretty much everyday and it was cold as hell. It was probably one of the best fishing trips I have ever done though. We caught tons of fish.