PDA

View Full Version : Many Muskies Caught At Our Big Narrows Schools

Ranger Rick
07-29-2010, 04:50 PM
The 2010 LOTW's Big Narrows School was a huge success. The muskie action was awesome for the attendees of the our 19th year on Lake Of The Woods.
The past 6 years we have held our July Muskie/Walleye school at the Big Narrows Resort located at the top of the famous big narrows area of Lake Of The Woods.
We figured out the muskie pattern and hundreds of muskies were moved in a six day period by the group. Topwater baits and Magnum 'Morky Tails 'were the big producers and drew most of the strikes. Morky Tails are soon to be carried exclusively by Guides Choice Pro Shop.
Congradulations to Jeff Collins of Chicago Ill. on his first 50 incher. He caught it on a Bucher Topraider.
Mike Norbutus Jr. let the group with the largest muskie at 50.5 inches. Mike was on fire that week boating 8 muskies with 47, 47.5 and 47.5 the next in line after his 50 incher. The fish were taken on bucktails, spinnerbaits and surface baits.

If you can get up to LOTW's in the next week or so it will be worth your while the fish are definitely firing up!

They were a great group of guys and Mark Rottier enjoyed spending the week with each of them. Thanks for coming guys!

Those of you that have never been on one of our schools
consider joining us next year on our Big Narrows Trip to be held in July.

"Ranger" Rick

Mr Musky
07-29-2010, 07:41 PM
Range,

Congrats on your school up there! Sounds like a great time was had and some darn nice fish boated!

I'll be heading up there on August 6th thru the 14th, hope we can get into a few. What were the water conditions like? Do you think the bite will still be going strong or die off by then? It cant come soon enough as these reports are killing me!

Btw you have an excellent staff at your pro shop while you were gone. Their customer service was second to none last Fri/Sat morning. They took care of me!

Thanks!
Craig

Ranger Rick
08-01-2010, 07:47 AM
I think the bite will continue as long as the cold fronts don't get you and the bloom doesn't get to thick. the top water bite should get even better from my experience of 213 weeks on LOTW's.
Good Luck