PDA

View Full Version : RFRG Fishin' and Chiggerfest 2010

Muskie Matt
07-29-2010, 11:06 AM
Ahhh, yet another "Chiggerfest" under our belts. The boys are on the road south as I type and they are already missed. I enjoy their visit so much every year. But as mentioned, I think a full frontal assault on Nashville this fall by the RFRG crew is in order. The Creek better be prepared when Stix n Gizmo hit town...

The fishin' lately... best described as a sporadic bite, the muskie will be extinct one day and all over the place the next. Spinner baits and bucktails are still producing better overall, on both the Chain and other area lakes in general. Area water temps are also fairly consistant between 74-76 on the surface. On our deeper lakes this year we have a definate thermocline developed which is easily seen over deep water on electronics in the 18-24ft depths.

Heading out again this afternoon, the Chiggers are missed already, and I have banjo pratice now... good fishin' to all!

Gizmo

Sid Chigger
07-30-2010, 01:06 PM
We're home and it's freckin HAWT but we're still smilin.. What a great two weeks.. And what a boatload (pontoon) of wunnerful memories we brought home this year... We brought two vid cams but never got around to fooln with 'em.. That's ok though cuz we were FISHIN! Weather was terrific.. 1 out of 12 Church Services were rained out (but that one was a thunderstorm repleat with howlin winds and lots of lightening..)

I still can't believe ol Fred broke my pole... LOLOL..

Matt - send me via email the pics you have - especially the musky ones from night before last..

The Creek will be spit shined and polished up, I assure ya! Remember. you may see us up there before you take off on your late fall Dixie tour..

Sid "Shorty" Chigger